Insulation Grants | Home Energy Saving Scheme
Insulation grants are available for any home built before 2011.
Ecowise Insulations Contractor ID Number is 10080
You can apply online - before you begin you will need
- Your electricity Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN) This number is generally located at the top of your Electricity Supplier Bill and is 11 digits long. Please note that the address associated with this MPRN will be used for all correspondence, with all grant paperwork dispatched to this address.
- E-mail address - You will need this so that we can send you confirmation of your application and send you other important information and reminders over the lifetime of your grant. In the instance where perhaps you don’t have a personal e-mail address please ask a relative or trusted close friend for use of their e-mail address.
- Dwelling details - The year in which the home was built - must be prior to 2011.
- Contractor Details - Ecowise Insulation Ltd. Block12 Ballybane Industrial Estate, Galway. 091 768768 Contractor ID: 10080
If you would rather make a paper application you can print a form here:
Attic Insulation up to the following:
- Apartment €800
- Mid Terrace €1200
- Semi-Terrace/End Terrace €1300
- Detached €1500
Cavity Wall Insulation up to the following:
- Apartment €700
- Mid Terrace €800
- Semi-Terrace/End Terrace €1200
- Detached €1700.00
BER Certificate: €50
Cash Insulation Grants are set value unless expenditure is below the set value, in which case the actual expenditure will be reimbursed.
**A Building Energy Rating (BER) is an integral part of all grant applications under the individual home energy upgrade grants (Better Energy Homes), whereby homeowners must undertake a BER on their home after insulation grant aided works have been completed. A homeowner is entitled to BER funding of €50 once per home. This funding will be applied to your insulation grant application automatically, provided you have never applied previously for BER funding. You will be informed during the online insulation grant application process if BER funding is available for your home or as part of your Letter of Grant Offer if you have applied through the post.
Please note the minimum insulation grant amount for the first application must be €700. A BER grant, where applicable, does not count towards the €700 minimum. In the instance where a Contractor is completing works within his own home then only the cost of materials will be deemed qualifying expenditure. Grants must be in place before any work can begin, once the measures are completed and the contractor has been paid in full by the homeowner, then the grant forms are then completed by the Contractor then the Ber Assessor (This is organised by the Homeowner after the works)
Applying for the Better Energy Home Scheme Grant for Insulation
We will schedule a convenient time to complete the relevant works, guaranteeing you the least amount of disruption. Once the work has been completed to your satisfaction and the final bill paid, we will complete the Declaration of Works forms which you then return to S.E.A.I.